By Ida M. Flynn, Ann McIver-McHoes
This fourth version blends working structures idea and perform in a well-organized means. Its leading edge two-part method explores working structures idea and improvement within the first part, and discusses the 4 so much widely-used working platforms (MS-DOS, home windows, Linux, and UNIX) within the moment. each one bankruptcy has been up to date for forex, and a brand-new bankruptcy on procedure safety has been further.
By James Pustejovsky, Amber Stubbs
Create your individual ordinary language education corpus for laptop studying. even if you’re operating with English, chinese language, or the other traditional language, this hands-on booklet publications you thru a confirmed annotation improvement cycle—the technique of including metadata in your education corpus to aid ML algorithms paintings extra successfully. You don’t desire any programming or linguistics adventure to get started.
Using special examples at each step, you’ll learn the way the MATTER Annotation improvement Process is helping you Model, Annotate, Train, Test, Evaluate, and Revise your education corpus. you furthermore may get an entire walkthrough of a real-world annotation project.
- Define a transparent annotation objective prior to gathering your dataset (corpus)
- Learn instruments for interpreting the linguistic content material of your corpus
- Build a version and specification to your annotation project
- Examine the several annotation codecs, from easy XML to the Linguistic Annotation Framework
- Create a highest quality corpus that may be used to coach and try out ML algorithms
- Select the ML algorithms that would technique your annotated data
- Evaluate the try effects and revise your annotation task
- Learn how one can use light-weight software program for annotating texts and adjudicating the annotations
This booklet is an ideal better half to O’Reilly’s Natural Language Processing with Python.
DATABASE structures: layout, IMPLEMENTATION, AND administration, 9th variation, a market-leader for database texts, provides readers an exceptional origin in sensible database layout and implementation. The publication presents in-depth assurance of database layout, demonstrating that the foremost to profitable database implementation is in right layout of databases to slot inside a bigger strategic view of the knowledge atmosphere. -Updated assurance of information types. -Improved insurance of normalization with an information modeling list. -Enhanced assurance of of database layout and existence cycle. -New overview questions, challenge units, and circumstances in the course of the e-book. With a robust hands-on part that incorporates real-world examples and routines, this publication can assist scholars enhance database layout abilities that experience helpful and significant software within the genuine global.
Over 70 specified recipes to enhance functional options for a variety of realworld community programming tasks
About This Book
- Demonstrates how one can write numerous besopke client/server networking functions utilizing ordinary and renowned third-party Python libraries
- Learn tips to strengthen customer courses for networking protocols resembling HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, POP3, FTP, CGI, XML-RPC, cleaning soap and REST
- Provides sensible, hands-on recipes mixed with brief and concise causes on code snippets
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a community programmer, system/network administrator, or an internet program developer, this publication is perfect for you. you'll have a simple familiarity with the Python programming language and TCP/IP networking thoughts. notwithstanding when you are a beginner, you are going to improve an realizing of the suggestions as you move with this publication. This ebook will function a supplementary fabric for constructing hands-on talents in any educational path on community programming.
What you are going to Learn
- Develop TCP/IP networking client/server applications
- Administer neighborhood machines' IPv4/IPv6 community interfaces
- Write multi-purpose effective internet consumers for HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Create e mail consumers to paintings with universal email protocols similar to SMTP, POP3, IMAP, and so on.
- Scrape web content and look for worthy information
- Perform distant procedure management projects over Telnet and SSH connections
- Interact with well known web pages through internet companies akin to XML-RPC, cleaning soap, and leisure APIs
- Monitor and examine significant universal community safeguard vulnerabilities
Python is a wonderful language to exploit to write down code and feature enjoyable by way of prototyping purposes quick. The presence of plenty of third-party libraries, sometimes called batteries, makes it much more more straightforward and speedier to prototype an software or to enforce a brand new set of rules. while you're drawn to growing the development blocks for lots of sensible internet and networking purposes that depend upon networking protocols then this e-book is a must-have.
This e-book highlights significant facets of community programming in Python ranging from writing uncomplicated networking consumers, to constructing advanced screen-scraping and community safeguard tracking scripts. It creates the construction blocks for plenty of useful net and networking purposes that depend on a variety of networking protocols. This booklet offers the ability and sweetness of Python in fixing the varied real-world projects within the zone of community programming, approach and community management, community tracking, and web-application improvement.
This e-book develops your skill to unravel quite a lot of community programming initiatives in Python. we are going to commence through exploring the Python regular library features to create client/server community and control your neighborhood networking assets to be had below either IPv4 and IPv6. the sensible concentration keeps with developing net and e mail consumers, scraping web content, fetching details from numerous web content, and looking out for info on the internet akin to Amazon, Flickr, and different websites. It extra develops your talents to investigate your community protection vulnerabilities utilizing complex community packet seize and research techniques.
By Sanjay Mishra, Alan Beaulieu
The overwhelming majority of Oracle SQL books talk about a few syntax, give you the barest rudiments of utilizing Oracle SQL, and maybe comprise a number of easy examples. it'd be sufficient to go a survey path, or offer you a few buzz phrases to drop in dialog with genuine Oracle DBAs. but when you employ Oracle SQL regularly, you will have even more. you must entry the whole strength of SQL to put in writing queries in an Oracle surroundings. you will want an exceptional knowing of what is attainable with Oracle SQL, artistic recommendations for writing powerful and actual queries, and the sensible, hands-on info that results in actual mastery of the language. easily placed, you will have valuable, professional most sensible practices that may be positioned to paintings instantly, not only non-vendor particular assessment or theory.Updated to hide the newest model of Oracle, Oracle 10g, this variation of the extremely popular Mastering Oracle SQL has an improved concentrate on method and on Oracle's implementation of SQL than the other e-book out there. It covers Oracle s large library of integrated features, the complete variety of Oracle SQL query-writing positive aspects, ordinary expression help, new mixture and analytic services, subqueries within the decide on and WITH clauses, multiset union operators, superior help for hierarchical queries: leaf and loop detection, and the CONNECT_BY_ROOT operator, new partitioning equipment (some brought in Oracle9i unlock 2), and the local XML datatype, XMLType.Mastering Oracle SQL, 2d version fills the distance among the occasionally spotty seller documentation, and different books on SQL that simply do not discover the total intensity of what's attainable with Oracle-specific SQL. when you are looking to harness the untapped (and frequently missed) energy of Oracle SQL, this crucial consultant for placing Oracle SQL to paintings will end up invaluable.
By Philip A. Bernstein, Eric Newcomer
Principles of Transaction Processing is a transparent, concise advisor for anyone
involved in constructing purposes, comparing items, designing systems,
or engineering items. This booklet presents an knowing of the internals of
transaction processing platforms, describing how they paintings and the way most sensible to take advantage of them.
It contains the structure of transaction processing displays, transactional
communications paradigms, and mechanisms for convalescing from transaction and
Use of transaction processing structures in company, undefined, and
government is expanding swiftly; the emergence of digital trade on
the web is growing new calls for. consequently, many builders are
encountering transaction processing purposes for the 1st time and need
a functional clarification of recommendations. software program engineers who construct and
market working structures, communications structures, programming instruments, and
other items utilized in transaction processing functions also will benefit
from this thorough presentation of ideas. wealthy with examples, it
describes advertisement transaction processing platforms, transactional aspects
of database servers, messaging structures, web servers, and
object-oriented platforms, in addition to every one in their subsystems.
* Easy-to-read descriptions of fundamentals.
* actual global examples illustrating key points.
* specializes in useful matters confronted by way of developers.
* Explains so much significant items and criteria, together with IBM's CICS, IMS, and MQSeries; X/Open's XA, STDL, and TX; BEA structures' TUXEDO; Digital's ACMS; Transarc's Encina; AT&T/NCR's most sensible finish; Tandem's Pathway/TS; OMG's OTS; and Microsoft's Microsoft Transaction Server.
By Rick Parent
Driven through call for from the leisure for higher and extra life like animation, know-how keeps to adapt and increase. The algorithms and methods in the back of this know-how are the basis of this complete booklet, that is written to teach you the basics of animation programming.
In this 3rd version, the most up-tp-date strategies are lined besides the speculation and high-level computation that experience earned the ebook a name because the top technically-oriented animation source. Key subject matters comparable to fluids, hair, and crowd animation were increased, and vast new insurance of garments and textile has been further. New fabric on simulation offers a extra different examine this crucial quarter and extra instance animations and bankruptcy initiatives and routines are incorporated. also, spline insurance has been accelerated and new video compression and codecs (e.g., iTunes) are covered.
- Includes spouse web site with modern animation examples drawn from examine and leisure, pattern animations, and instance code
- Describes the most important mathematical and algorithmic foundations of animation that offer you with a deep knowing and keep watch over of technique
- Expanded and new insurance of key issues together with: fluids and clouds, fabric and garments, hair, and crowd animation
- Explains the algorithms used for direction following, hierarchical kinematic modelling, inflexible physique dynamics, flocking behaviour, particle platforms, collision detection, and more
By Richard P. Feynman
"Machine studying and information Mining for laptop protection" presents an summary of the present country of study in laptop studying and information mining because it applies to difficulties in computing device defense. This ebook has a powerful specialize in details processing and combines and extends effects from machine safeguard.
The first a part of the e-book surveys the knowledge resources, the educational and mining equipment, evaluate methodologies, and previous paintings suitable for computing device defense. the second one a part of the publication contains articles written via the head researchers operating during this zone. those articles offers with themes of host-based intrusion detection during the research of audit trails, of command sequences and of method calls in addition to community intrusion detection throughout the research of TCP packets and the detection of malicious executables.
This publication fills the nice desire for a e-book that collects and frames paintings on constructing and employing tools from desktop studying and information mining to difficulties in desktop security.
By Steve Maguire